Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 8 - Is She Fair Game?

     After watching the movie Roman Holiday I find myself on the fence when asking the question "is she fair game?" Normally I would say yes because anybody is has the freedom of press. I'm not going to sit here and say that I don't love seeing the news magazines about the different celebrities now a days because I do. I am just very confused on how to feel. One side of me is saying that with the status of being a celebrity you have to give up some things like privacy, but then anyone has a right to privacy regardless if you're famous or not. Normally I would say yes because anybody is has the freedom of press. I'm not going to sit here and say that I don't love seeing the news magazines about the different celebrities now a days because I do. I am just very confused on how to feel. One side of me is saying that with the status of being a celebrity you have to give up some things like privacy, but then anyone has a right to privacy regardless if you're famous or not.
     I enjoyed the movie. It was predictable though but its an older movie so I didn't mind it as much. The actor in the film had intent to use his opportunity to get the next best news story. After spending time with the princess, he lost sight of his work. He let his emotions get in the way of what he was set out to do. I liked the way that the film ended. It makes it more real I guess you could say. Today movies have the lovers run off into the sunset (very unrealstic) but this story shows what is the truth when that type of situation happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment