Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 5 - Who Won the Super Bowl?

     The beginning of February is always an exciting time for both football players and their fans. Why you might ask… Super Bowl. More than 100 million viewers were expected to watch the nail-biting game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots, broadcast on Comcast Corp.'s NBC. Nationwide football fans gathered around the TV screen to watch this thrilling game. The final score was 21 to 17. Giants won Super Bowl of XLVI. But were they the only ones who won? Think of all the commercials you saw, the ads on the field, the sports memorabilia. I think the true winners of Super Bowl are those who do the advertising but more specifically the auto-industry.
     According to Wall Street Journal, the auto-industry won over audiences for the second year in a row. This year I lost count of how many car commercials I saw, all nicely done. I remember saying after almost every ad “Ooh that’s a nice car! I want that!” Several of the car commercials had celebrities who we all know and love. My favorite car commercial was probably be the Acura commercial with Jerry Seinfeld being one upped by Jay Leno. Not only was the car beautiful and I want it really badly but also it was hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment