Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 4 Photo Challenge - Wedding

     For this photo challenge we were to take a picture of something that read “wedding”. This challenge was kind of difficult because when I was trying to plan my shoot I didn’t know of anyone who was getting marriage so I had think of something else.
     So I took to my favorite time wasting website, pinterest. I started seeing picture after picture of adorable couples looking in love. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy. I said thinking about possibly staging a couple shot. I tried to contact some of my favorite models but unfortunately they were not able to help me. I had to go back to the drawing board (back to pinterest).
     I started seeing pictures of detail shots, like pictures of tables, rings, cake, shoes, the dress, etc. I thought to myself, “I could do that.” I decided to do the “ring” shot. I looked around in my costume jewelry for the perfect wedding ring and I found the one in the picture and a simple silver band. I wasn’t sure how to place the rings at first so I continued to brainstorm. On pinterest I saw pictures of the rings laying on the wedding invite and several other poses. I saw one picture where the rings were on top of the bride’s bouquet. I decided to use that because it looked classy. I used a bright yellow (fake) rose because yellow is a very happy color. I think my picture turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head; I just wish I had more light.
     For the image I used my Canon XSI with an 18-55mm lens and a 10x marco extender. For my lighting I just used my bedroom light. I had to clamp the rose to my desk so that it didn’t move and had to continuous reposition the rings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment