Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5 - Painting with Light

     This week the photo challenge is painting with light. I love painting with light. I feel like a little kid again but instead of using paints or crayons I use light. This final image was probably the fifth or sixth image I did. When I first started I was trying to light up my boyfriend with my flashlight app on my handy dandy iPhone. The picture came out really cool looking and it was kind of creepy looking. Then I started thinking of being more playing. I wanted to have color in my picture but I had not colored light that I could easily maneuver. So back to my handy dandy iPhone, I looked in the app store for something I could use. I found a strobe light app that was very annoying. It was perfect.
     It was kind of difficult to paint with my phone though. In order to change the color I had to swipe my finger on the screen but I also had to tap the screen to make it flash. That is why my spiral looks like a dotted line instead of a fluid line. I would have liked to have a few more colors in my final image but just changing it that much was a pain. The reason I picked this image is because for one it was the only picture that I liked the spiral. Also the colors reminded me of a fruit roll-up. For the equipment I used were my usual Canon XSI and the standard 18-55mm lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment