Monday, February 13, 2012

Week 6 - Ron Galella and the First Amendment

     I have seen a lot of documentary films and videos about different photographers that interest me; a documentary about a paparazzi photographer is the last thing I thought would give me insight to the photo business.
     Ron Galella exercised his first amendment right to the fullest. I think all photographers should go about their work with the same determination and attitude he did. I valued the fact that he did whatever he needed to, no matter the circumstances, to get the next best shot. After watching a documentary about paparazzo Ron Galella, I was inspired. I have seen a lot of documentary films and videos about different photographers that interest me; a documentary about a paparazzi photographer is the last thing I thought would give me insight to the photo business. Ron Galella exercised his first amendment right to the fullest. I think all photographers should go about their work with the same determination and attitude he did. I valued the fact that he did whatever he needed to, no matter the circumstances, to get the next best shot.
     It amazed me on how he slipped out of every sticky situation by exercising his first amendment right. In the eyes of the law, everything thing he was doing was technically allowed by law. Although some of the measures he went to to get a better picture were a little over the top, and sometimes menacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment