Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 5 - Racehorse not Unicorns

     The business I would like to have is one that focuses on commercial and food photography.  I have always loved to work in studio. Having to tinker with every little detail, there is just something about it that makes me feel like I can truly be creative. However, commercial photography is not all about still life, I will also be shooting portraiture, architecture, really whatever the clients requires.
     As far as how big my company will be, I would like to maybe have no more than 4 people (including myself). Obviously one of the people would be myself, and then I would have my person who handles all the business stuff/money, and then maybe one or two assistants. The assistants are not necessarily set in stone but I do need someone else there to help me with the numbers side unless by some miracle I start to understand how to be organized with my money.
     I would like to have a storefront. First I would start small but then progressively expand. I still am debating on the location of my studio. Las Vegas is not a very big town for food photography (as of yet) so I would probably have to move to either New York or California. I don’t really like moving but I think if I stayed in Las Vegas I wouldn’t be able to make enough money to support myself but I have to also keep in mind my family. Hopefully by the time my business is up and going I will be married and have a family started.
     I see my clients mostly being restaurants. I would take pictures for their menus, promotional usage, really anything. Also I see myself shooting up and coming chefs (or established chefs) who are publishing cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment