Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 5 - Comparative Analysis


     I want to do commercial photography so that’s where I started on Google. The first website I found was Mark DeLong Photography. Mark is based out of New York and does more work with people than I would think a commercial photographer would. The look of his site is simple, just a black site with little color. The simplicity of the website really makes his work shine. I think that is one of his main strengths. One of his weaknesses I think is the fact you can’t see thumbnails of all the pictures. In order to view the pictures you have to continuously click the arrows that appear over the pictures. I feel like his website is more of a glamour site than a business site. I don think it is a real business but his site is more glamour.
 

     The next website I found was a local man named Jeff Green. Like Mark DeLong’s website Jeff Green’s is also very simple. His website has a white background which also makes his pictures pop. I love how he has food photography on his. But unfortunately like Mark DeLong’s website, I couldn’t find a way to view all thumbnails. I did like how there was a scroll bar for the pictures so I didn’t have to click and click. His images are amazing and I will be contacting him to see if he takes interns. I think his website is also a little bit more of a glamour site because there are no prices or business things on there but I do believe it is a business.


     The next website I found was by Eric Raptosh. Eric is based out of Los Angeles. I think I like his website the best. Yet again it’s a plain background on white. The tabs are neatly displayed and the pictures are good quality. I like how he breaks up the different categories more in depth. However Eric’s galleries do not have an option to see thumbnails. I really liked how he had the layout of his studio on there. I haven’t seen that in the other website but I don’t think his site is a business forward site but I think it is a real business.
 
     The last website I found was by Mark Robert Halper. I have to be honest, I did not like his website at all. I like the simple layout of the site but it was so confusing to navigate. Everything is square on the search and the text is so small. I don’t even know if he’s considered a commercial photographer. I couldn’t find his picutres so I have no clue how to critique his work. I do like how his name is biggest thing on the page but I don’t know how to navigate his site. I don’t know if it is a real business or not because I don’t understand the website. The little thumbnail on the main page are nice looking but I would like to see more. I just don’t know where to go or what to click on.

No comments:

Post a Comment