Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 8 - News Worthy


"E String Host Benefit Concert"

     This week we had to produced a picture that is new worthy and also come up with a title for the news story and explain why it's news worthy. For my picture I documented a benefit concert that was hosted by a local bar called E String. The concert was to help a foundation called Candlelighters. Candlelighters is a nonprofit organization that raises money to help kids who have cancer. I believe it is an amazing foundation because if you can stop cancer in kids it will allow them to actually be kids instead of having to deal with the terrible sickness. The concert had a $5 cover charge at the door and had 3 different bands play in order to help get people to donate. That night everyone who attended helped raise more than $600 for the foundation.
     As for the equipment I used, I had 2 seperate cameras with two different lenses in order to be able to shoot quickly so I didn't miss anything. This particular image was shot was a Canon 7D and a fish eye lens with a Canon 580 EX II flash attached. I did very little editing to this image because I wanted to keep it as true as I could so you still got a feeling for the energy that was in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment