Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week 9 - Food

   This week the photo challenge is to take a picture of a food. I was so excited to hear that about this assignment because food photography is what I want to do. I love being able to style an edible artwork. Food photography allows me to combine both my hobby of cooking and my passion of photography. Well shoots I am able to engage all of my senses.
    For this image I worked with a student chef named Heather at the Art Institute. She prepared a pecan crushed sea bass filet over a bed of sautéed brussel sprouts and pan seared polenta triangle. The yellow sauce is pureed yam and the green is pureed parsley. For a decorative touch she also added bean spouts and toasted seeds. She made a totally of eight identical plates to practice her constancy.
    I had so much fun with this photo shoot but it got very hot in the kitchen. For the lighting I just used the available light. Unfortunately the only light that I had access too was the ugly fluorescent light from above. I also used my Canon XSI with my 100mm marco (my new favorite lens for food photography). Using the marco lens allows me to get in close and show those little details.

No comments:

Post a Comment