Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 10 - Nothing

   This week the photo challenge is to take a picture of nothing. Shooting nothing seems so easy, but I was confused on how to make “nothing” look good. I brainstormed different ideas on how to shoot something that was nothing. I tried a couple different ideas but nothing really appealed to me. I then decided I couldn’t just shoot anything. I would have to photograph something. As I tried not to over think it I thought photographing a place I like to go where I can just sit and do nothing Red Rock came to mind.
    When I was smaller I used to go for hikes at Red Rock with my dad. Sometimes we would stop to take a break but all I wanted to do is keep going. I remember him laughing at me and telling me to slow down and just look around. Sometimes when I am stressed and need somewhere to go, I take a drive to Red Rock and just sit and look around. Red Rock is not “nothing” but it is a place where I can just sit and think about nothing.
    I took this picture on one of my “get aways” and the equipment I had with me were just my Canon XSI and my 18-55mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment