Monday, January 23, 2012

Week 3 - Where are you now and where are you going?

     Where am I and where am I going? That’s a very good question and I’ve been trying to figure it out for sometime now. As of right now I have a somewhat of a good grasp of who I am. I am a young age of 20 (almost 21) and still have a lot to learn. I am currently in school to try and become a well-rounded and more knowledgeable photographer. Since I don’t get many freelance gigs lately I work part time at Old Navy as a sales associate.  I enjoy working there. I have meet several people who are willing to model in my many school assignments.
      Where am I going? In September of 2012 I will (hopefully) be graduating with my Bachelors Degree. Hopefully by then I have a solid entry level position at a local food and commercial photography studio where I can learn more to perfect my craft. However if I don’t get a photography related job right away I do see myself working at Old Navy for at least the couple years just to insure I have a form of income. I do not want to work in retail my whole life though. I love people, don’t get me wrong, but I cannot stand folding and refolding the same shirt over and over again. In a perfect world I see myself assisting for at least 2 or 3 amazing photographer and then after building up clients starting my own studio. Talking to some of my photography teachers here, most of them say that assisting and interning is where you learn the most. In ten years I see myself having my own studio, married, with at least one kid, but of course that’s in a perfect world and we all know this world is far from perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment