Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 2 Photo Challenge - Crime Scene



     This week the photo challenge was to take a picture of a crime scene. I was actually very excited to do this shoot. I started thinking of different ideas and getting the creative juices flowing. It was kind of scary and morbid how many ideas I came up with and how excited I was to actually do this assignment.
     My original idea was a lot different than the final outcome. I wanted my model to be female and shot in an alley but unfortunately my model cancelled and I was unable to find a new one in the amount of time provided. My other idea was to have a female be the victim of domestic abuse and strangled in the bathroom, but yet again complications occurred and I did not find a big enough location for my idea.
     For my last idea I was thinking of an old crime scene photo that you see in history books. I made my image black and white to get the feel of being old fashion. Plus I also used on camera flash to try and achieve the same quality of light that they had.  I wanted the picture to be in the kitchen as if there was a dispute against husband and wife. I wanted to have a huge puddle of blood on the floor as well but unfortunately the fake blood I was using started to stain so I had to quickly remove it. It wasn't exactly how I pictured it and I would like to change some things but overall I like my image. 
     The equipment I used was simple. I used my boyfriend's Canon 7D with a 50mm f1.8 prime lens. Like I stated earlier, I used on camera flash as well. As for the model, well that is my lovely boyfriend. Unfortunately the fake blood wasn't as washable as I thought it was. He was such a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment