Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 3 Photo Challenge - Action Sport


     For this photo challenge we were supposed to capture sport type action like how Bob Badalucco does. I had a hard time thinking of what to do because I don’t know of very many sports that play in January. First couple days I just tried to wander around the park to see if I could find something but no luck. Then my boyfriend told me about this soccer league that his acquaintance’s son plays for. It is called Shining Star and it is a soccer league that helps autistic children interact with one another and get some exercise while still having fun. I decided to tag along and snap some pictures.
     Unfortunately unlike Bob Badalucco most parents didn’t want a stranger taking pictures of their children so I was focused to do an “in the moment” type shot. The team I was cheering for was named The Pumpkin Seeds and are the wearing the orange shirts in my image. Luckily the day I decided to go it was a little overcastted so that made the natural light very soft and diffused making very little harsh shadows.
     For the equipment I used, I just had my Canon XSI with an 18-55mm standard lens. Nothing fancy. Like I said before I wanted to go for that “in the moment” type action shot so I got close to the sideline and followed the action the whole game. I had it in my mind that it was going to be a bright sunny day so I didn’t bother bringing any extra lights but good thing there was a nice quality of light due to the overcast. I did edit my image slightly using Photoshop CS3 (sad I don’t have the new version). I toned down the brightness of their orange shirts and added a little bit more contrast to the overall image.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment